Alternative tablets: What would you recommend that should be standard books contained by one's library?
I know one should be Back to Eden by Jethro Kloss.
These books are great resources and the collection would be a economically rounded starter library for alternative medicine:
Healing next to Whole Foods~Paul Pitchford--A bible of good nutrition!
Flower Essence Repertory~Katz & Kaminski
The Herbal Medicine-Maker's Handbook~Green
Out of the Earth~Mills--Classic Western Herbal
The Yoga of Herbs~Frawley & Lad--Ayurvedic Medicine
Los Remedios~Moore--Desert Southwest and Central American Herbs
Seven Herbs~Wood--Native American Spirit Healing
The Art of Aromatherapy~Tisserand
Between Heaven and Earth~Beinfield & Korngold--Chinese Medicine
The Complete Guide to Homeopathy~Lockie & Geddes
Perscription for Nutritional Healing is great for vitamin reference
The Complete Herbal Handbook for Farm & Stable~Levy--if you are an animal lover
The EcoHerbalist Fieldbook~Tilford--If you're into wildcrafting
...and yes, Penelopy Ody's Complete Medicinal Herbal is very uncomplicated to use with great information!
Prescription For Nutritional Healing
Racketeering In Medicine
Do What You Want To Do by Trowbridge, MD
Yeast Syndrome by Trowbridge, MD
anything by Caroline Myss
anything by James Privitera, MD
Prescription for Nutritional Healing is a right basic book.
The Complete Medicinal Herbal, by Penelope Ody.
A two video series with Richard Schultz, ND (sorry, I don't take out the title)
And of course, "The Doctor Who Cures Cancer" by yours truly!
Anything by Adelle Davis, but especially "Let's Eat Right to Keep Fit" and "Let's Get Well." She be writing in the 50s but she is spot on near her nutritional advice and have been vindicated again and again.
1) Food and Healing by Annemarie Colbin
2) Back to Nature by Jethro Kloss
3) Acid and Alkaline by Richard France (I ponder; otherwise it may be by Naburo Muramoto)
4) Anything by Gary Null, Andrew Weil, Deepak Chopra, Carolyn Myss, Michio Kushi
5) The Book of Flower Essences by FES, Nevada City, CA
6) Amadea Morningstar's book on Ayurveda
7) Balch and Balch Prescription for Nutritional Healing
8) The Anatomy Coloring Book and a good A&P schoolbook
9) Anything by Paavo Airola
10) Recalled by Life by Anthony Sattilaro
11) Anything by Elizabeth Kubler Ross
12) Mothering magazing and Midwifery Today; Silent Knife is a must read if you're having a newborn, as is Spiritual Midwifery by Ina Mae Gaskin and anything by Penelope Kitzinger.
13) The Web That Has No Weaver by Ted Kaptchuk (sp?)
14) anything by Diane Stein ie All Women Are Healers
15) The Scientific Validation of Herbs by S. Mowbry (I think.)
16) Homeopathic Medicine at Home by Panos & Heimlich
17) Everybody's Guide to Homeopathy by Dana Ullman
18) Medicinal Herbs of the Pacific Northwest and any other books by Michael Tierra or Michael Moore
19) Dragon Time by Luisa Francha
20) anything by Rosemary Gladstar, Susun Weed, Barbara Klokkevold (LeeAsa); Kathy Keville, copious others
21) You Are All Sanpaku
22) Zen Macrobiotics by George Ohsawa
23) The Physician's Desk Reference
24) Our Bodies, Ourselves by the Boston Women's Healthbook Alliance/Collective
25) Any book by Rodale Press on Herbs, Health, Organic Gardening, Natural Healing
26) Vibrational Medicine
27) any book that discusses the four humours and their use in classical tablets
28) The Bloodtype Diet
29) You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay
30) other books of Ayurveda by Vasant Lad and David Frawley
31) There's a book on the Hipocrates Institute and its use of Rejuvelac and raw foods that I guess is important to read.
32) Any book that discusses the suppression of the cancer research of Kelly, Essiac, laetrile, etc. I'll try to find a title for you.
33) Any book by Rudolf Steiner on biodynamic gardening, pure healthcare, natural child rearing, the four self-image types (choleric, phlegmatic, sanguine, and one other I've forgotten at the moment it appears...), the spiritual evolution of humanity. Steiner's books are difficult to get through, but they're brilliant. He be truly a visionary.
34) Masanobu Fukuoka; One Straw Revolution
35) the Foxfire books
36) anything by William Reich
37) anything by Zsuzannah Budapest
38) anything by Starhawk
39) Healing Wise by Katrina Raphael (I guess I have the title and author correctly here, but don't quote me.)
40) Birth Without Violence, by Anton Leboyer
41) Earl Mindell's Vitamin Bible
42) Ageless Body, Timeless Mind by Chris Griscom, and adjectives other titles by her
43) any homeopathic Matera Medica
44) The Yellow Emperor's Classic of Chinese Medicine
45) Iyengar's book on Yoga
46) anything by Sri Chinmoy
47) biographies of Galen, Aesclepius, Paracelsus, many other ancient healers Roman, Greek and Arabic
48) Meetings With Remarkable Men by Gurdjieff
49) anything by Dan Millman, esp. The Life You Were Meant to Live and The Way of the Peaceful Warrior.
There are copious, many others!
The medicine and health information post by website user , ByeDR.com not guarantee correctness , is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions.
More Questions and Answers...