At what age do they start requiring SARPE?

I'm almost 20, looking to start work in the subsequent few months to a year. Just wondering about when the require surgery to expand the palate, I know you own to after a certain age.

There is no specific age after which you require surgery. What matter is the completeness of growth and the level of bone maturation within an individual. Once you have finished your young person growth spurt (for girls usually by age 14 or 15, for boys by age 18 or so), surgery is usually indicated to achieve palatal expansion.

The medicine and health information post by website user , not guarantee correctness , is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions.

More Questions and Answers...
  • I have very very tiny holes in my teeth. Am i getting cavity?
  • What are the ingredients for toothpastes?
  • I have a severe toothache?
  • What's the average monthly payment for braces with insurance?
  • Since I have no teeth should I brush my gums?
  • Is it ok to wear crocs with my scrubs?
  • Spacers?
  • Soft Foods?
  • Why should you use a water pick for braces?
  • Is this a sign of gum disease?
  • A request for information for dentists...?
  • Do braces hurt?
  • Is there a dentist awake in the house?
  • What are the differences between NHS root canal treatment and private root canal treatment?
  • Do Clarity Braces Take Longer than Traditional Ones?