A few questions about yoga.?
2. What is the minimum amount of time you can do yoga for it to be effective?
3. How many times a week should it be done?
4. What are the best poses to do?
5. What should a person do before and after yoga?
No single answer to any of your questions, so I'll just answer based on my own experiences:
1. mornings I have more energy, evenings I'm already warmed-up and more flexible. I generally prefer to go around 6 PM.
2. 2-3 hours a week, which isn't too much of a commitment. For a long time I just went 2x per week and still noticed big changed. Some people go 1x a week and love it.
3. I go 2-3x a week now, but I don't think there is any right answer to this question.
4. Take a class and learn all the poses. Then decide which ones are most effective for you - we all have different bodies. That said, you'll spend a lot of time in mountain pose, down dog, up dog, chair, tree, and triangle. There are tons of poses, but those are some of the most basic.
5. Eat a snack about 2 hours ahead of time - something with protein is good. Drink lots of water before class. Wear non-binding clothing (nothing tight on the waist, in particular). Afterwards, drink lots of water again and enjoy how good you feel!
The medicine and health information post by website user , ByeDR.com not guarantee correctness , is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions.
More Questions and Answers...