Am I entitled to short term disability in USA, if surgery takes place abroad?

I am considering traveling abroad for non-cosmetic surgery that requires some weeks of disability and intensive physical therapy.

Am I entitled to short term disability in US, if the surgery takes place abroad?. What is the normal procedure to obtain short term disability benefits?.

Any advice is appreciated. Thx!

Yes, because you live and work in the US. It's one of your rights that you're granted time off for being disabled while still being able to keep your job. Does your employer provide disability? If they don't, I would check into what your state offers as far disability resources. As long as you can prove you're going to have surgery and/or going to be disabled for a short time, it should be fine. Good luck!

The medicine and health information post by website user , not guarantee correctness , is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions.

More Questions and Answers...
  • I got hurt playing basketball, should I go to the dentist or wait and see if it gets better?
  • Do i have a knee injury?
  • Whats the best way to stretch my Latissimus Dorsi (lats)?
  • Broken toenail??
  • How can I stay awake longer?
  • What should I do?
  • Knee pain / 'Loose' Knee Joint?
  • How wonderful is it to have smoke free bars now?
  • Whats wrong with my shoulder/back? when I breath?
  • I am getting ready to have Rotator Cuff surgery. can I exspect a lot of pain and problems?
  • I am 31 and enjoy suffered from gout since i be 18.?
  • MD/psychiatrist??
  • Doctors only, What is the best way to detox from hydrocodone( is it dangerous cold turkey)?
  • New trends in emergency room?
  • Please help me??