Allergic to codeine?

If someone is allergic to codeine, what pain medication can be prescribed (not OTC)? This isn't a contact allergy. It is trouble breathing, tightening of the chest etc. Most pain killer are synthetic codeine but I don't know if these would have like peas in a pod reaction. Anyone know or own been surrounded by the same same situation?

Since these are by prescription singular, once you inform the doctor of your allergy he will prescribe you another type of pain medication next to out codeine in it. I never hear of it but any allergy can can exist to almost anything so I'm not surprised.
You need to agree to your doctor. That's a very serious antipathy. I'm sure there are other medication out there available.
I am allergic to codeine, but I can transport synthetic codeine. However, I am not allergic to the same extent you are. I simply break out and itch. I would definitely speak to my doctor if I be you.don't chance it.

The medicine and health information post by website user , not guarantee correctness , is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions.

More Questions and Answers...
  • My stomach burns and bloats, help :(?
  • Do the people who have psychological problems also prone to getting dual diagnosis?
  • Do wide brimmed hats offer good sun protection for the face? I hate putting sunscreen on my face.?
  • Anyone have tachycardia with palpatations?
  • I've been in the sun the last two days and have an awful sunburn, is there anything that will help it?
  • Headache?
  • Why do I get headaches so much?
  • I'm so showing some symptoms of the early stages of mud-butt?
  • Is it possible to grow taller if your arms are longer than your legs?
  • Huge pimple emergency!?
  • Can somebody transmit me what is wrong next to me? Am I sick or a hypochondriac?
  • Motion sickness? and aspiring to become a pilot??
  • Is Lasik surgury really worth it? I would love to see again with me own two eyes instead of dealing with?