What r sedative?examples?
Sedatives are substances that depresses the central jittery system thus making someone to be calmn, relaxed, less anxious, and sleepy. More effects would be slowed breathing, slurred speech, staggering gait, poor sentence, and slow, uncertain reflex.
Sedatives are also referred to as tranquilizers, depressants, anxiolytics, soporifics, sleeping pills, downers, or sedative-hypnotics. At high doses or when they are abused, plentiful of these drugs can cause loss of consciousness and death if used extensively.
The following are the different types of sedative with corresponding example:
Antidepressants - mirtazapine (Remeron) , trazodone (Desyrel)
Barbiturates - secobarbital (Seconal), pentobarbital (Nembutal)
Benzodiazepines ("minor tranquilizers") - diazepam (Valium)
Imidazopyridines - zolpidem (Ambien,)
Pyrazolopyrimidines - zaleplon (Sonata)
Antihistamines - diphenhydramine (Benadryl, Sominex)
Antipsychotics - Haloperidol (Haldol)
Herbal sedative - Catnip , Valerian (plant)
Uncategorized sedatives - meprobamate (Miltown),
ethyl alcohol (Alcoholic beverage)
Sedatives are a broad category of drug that cause the effect of sedation, or central bashful system depression. In simple terms, they are drugs that relax citizens.
Drugs like barbiturates and benzodiazapines are examples of sedative. They include drugs that are used to treat anxiety, seizures, insomnia, or any number of other disorders.
Some examples: Valium, Ativan, Xanax, Haldol, Ambien
they put ya out.and ya really don't thinking about anything..poised ya down etc:.Valium
More Questions & Answers...
- What is bombay blood group and where can I get links to detailed information about this blood type?
- How does exon skipping work?
- can a person have carcenoid n still showing negativeb5HIAA test?
- 30 yr old men? How often do you masterbate? What is considered normal for that age?
- where can i find a doctor with an e-mail address?
- Organ Donation Questions?
- What is the study of poisons know as?
- Can the bloodtype of a child be O if the mother is B and the father A?