Does blue cheese dressing own Penicillin?



Answer:
Bleu cheese is made by a strain of penicillin mold. People who are allergic to penicillin should not eat Bleu cheese dressing or Roquefort, or Gorgonzola, other types of bleu cheese. It can basis an allergic reaction. People who are allergic to mold should avoid the bleu cheese also. Fleming discovered the penicillin on a Petri dish, not an red. He noted how it killed the microbes that he had plated in that.
No!
lol no
It absolutely does, and if you are allergic to penicillan, it can wreak a bad spontaneous effect.
I would think if it did, empire who eat that and blue cheese would not attain sick as much. Or they would contribute to a development of hardier strains.

The blue mold which be the discovery of Fleming was on an ginger, not on cheese. Completely different, I think. But I do not know for sure.

However, if you are concerned because you own allergies, in any shield you should consult with a medical specialist, a doctor or physician's assistant, concerning your allergies. And gain a second opinion. At lowest possible.
READ THIS: (I think the second interconnect is better)

Most of the people who own written about a correlation between cheese and penicillin allergy hold indicated no problems with drinking cheese. However, there appears to be scarce situations when eating food next to penicillin in it does create reactions for penicillin-sensitive individuals.

That is why I've shared two question today. One person indicates a criticism to blue cheese and questions what other products to avoid. The other personality questions why her penicillin allergy does not end in a reaction when she eat blue cheese.

Locally, I've not seen any reports of allergic reaction to blue cheese from patients with penicillin allergy.

The literature I be able to find give rare incidences where on earth penicillin-sensitive individuals had allergic reaction after ingesting milk, beef, pork or chicken that had traces of penicillin contained by them.

These studies were not extensive, and the conclusion of most of the objects I've seen on this is that small amounts of penicillin surrounded by food seldom causes an anaphylactic allergic reaction in penicillin-sensitive individuals.

During my 35 years as an R.N., I've worked near a lot of penicillin-sensitive individuals. I've not see any evidence that penicillin in food cause problems for these people.

Controlled studies are considered more reliable than the experience, however. Unfortunately, at hand does not appear to be any well-documented extensive studies available on this subject in the literature.

One article to remember is that a person can hold an allergy to penicillin, and a separate allergy to cheese, milk, chicken, pork, beef, or another food substance as well.

One of the items I read pointed out that most serious penicillin allergies are usually to injected penicillin. Since cheese is consumed by mouth, the thinking is that a hostile response to it would not likely be as severe.

But this does not aim penicillin by mouth is safe for those near penicillin allergy; nor does it mean that it is past the worst for all individuals near penicillin allergy to eat blue cheese.

Interestingly, literature does support the reality that individuals with allergy to inhaled mold spores may also own allergic reactions to cheeses, fermented drinks, soy sauce, buttermilk, mushrooms, dried fruits, vinegar, or foods containing yeast.

Conclusion:
Obviously, Doug, who writes above that he get hives when he eats blue cheese, wants to eliminate blue cheeses from his diet. Probably he should breed sure that all cheese is eat fresh before mold have an opportunity to grow on it, and discard cheese that has any discoloration that might be mold. If he have reactions to any of the foods mentioned surrounded by the paragraphs above, or any other foods, he will involve to eliminate those also.

Catherine, then again, has not have any indication of sensitivity to roquefort (blue) cheese. One possibility is that Catherine has outgrown her penicillin allergy. Testing to penicillin may be contained by order. But the more possible conclusion is that Catherine is one of what appears to be the majority penicillin-sensitive individuals who are not affected by small amounts of penicillin contained by foods.

Always err on the side of caution. Anaphylaxis (severe spontaneous effect to penicillin or other allergens) can be fatal. If you are surrounded by doubt, do not eat the questionable food. Never hold a chance next to your life. The best entity to consult about what you can without risk eat, or what medication you can take, is your personal physician or your allergist.

Bonus: While I be researching this, I found a neat electron microscope photo of penicillium mold growing on cheese, and I required to share it with you. Click here to see the photo within a new browser.
  • Hi, can anyone out there tell me the therapeutic classification for caffeine & nicotine ?? ta in advance !?
  • Can SOMEONE Please Answer My Question About Withdrawals From Opiates?
  • How do you pass a saliva drug test?
  • I have heard that people can hurt themself while using lsd?
  • Would it be too late to start studying medicine when you're 35 ish?
  • Can a 12 year old child receive lasik surgery?
  • How do you become a Pediatric surgeon?
  • Why is it bad to use an advair inhaler that's been open for over 30 days? what if someone only takes it when
  • Best Steroid to abuse?
  • Is LiOH soluble or insoluble?
  • is magnetism bad for your health?
  • Adderall??
  • Reverse medical lingo?